Gettin’ Social:
How To Use Facebook To Get Leads For Your Business

If 2020 taught us anything it’s how to adapt and overcome new challenges. Networking and marketing your business are two key points to success but when businesses are closed and we can’t meet face to face, how do we meet new people to network with?

The short answer: Facebook.

Facebook and other forms of social media are some of the most useful tools for  networking with others and marketing yourself as well as your business. You don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars on ads to market your business and get your name out there, you just need to talk to people!

Use Facebook Groups

Facebook groups are a hotspot for potential clients. With the ability to search for specific niche groups, you can quickly identify groups where your target market is hanging out. There is literally a Facebook group for everything.

When networking in a group, you want to provide value to the group and set yourself up as an expert in your niche. Provide feedback on as many posts as you can and start meaningful conversations with others. The goal is to create relationships and distinguish yourself as the “go-to” person in whatever your niche is. You can grow and nurture these potential leads over time and when they need your service, guess who they will come to?

Facebook groups are also a great way to perform market research for your business. You can get weeks’ worth of content ideas just by posting a question in a group and reading through the comments!

Build Your Referral Network

Another great way to leverage Facebook is to build a referral network. Let’s say you offer web design and you frequently find yourself in need of copywriters for your clients. Using Facebook groups to find others who offer services compatible to yours, or just other entrepreneurs in general, can be greatly beneficial.

Once you build a rapport with these service providers, you now have a network of people willing to send you referrals and a network of others that you can refer your clients to, providing excellent service! It’s a win-win for everyone!

Use Your Personal Facebook Page

Don’t forget about using your personal Facebook page as a marketing tool!

Your friends and family are already your number one supporters but how can they support you if you don’t tell them what it is that you do?! Keep your personal Facebook page updated with posts about your new business, what you do and who you serve, and remember to post valuable information there for your friends to share with their network.

You don’t want to bombard your personal Facebook page with business posts though. A good rule of thumb to follow is the 60/40 or 70/30 rule: This is where either 60% (or 70%, depending on your preference) is your own personal posts and the other 40-30% is business-related posts.

Each time you share a business post on your personal Facebook, make sure that it is set to Public so that your friends and family can share it.

Facebook Is For Friends

My best piece of advice when it comes to using Facebook as a marketing tool is to think of it as if you were looking to find your new best friend.

Take the initiative, put yourself out there, and lead with value. You won’t be disappointed!

 

Christa Bybee is a freelance Social Media Strategist and Copywriter from the great state of Texas. She works with female entrepreneurs to create organic social media strategies to boost visibility and build a  community of engaged followers. As a member of Rachel Pedersen’s elite Social Clique mastermind, Christa is able to serve her clients at a high level with the most up-to-date social media trends. She loves researching trending TikToks and Reels, writing a click-worthy email, and testing how many tabs she can have open on her laptop at once.  When she’s not working, Christa enjoys spending time with her husband and two young daughters  watching football or playing games. Follow Christa Bybee: Instagram  TikTok   Facebook  LinkedIn  Website

Newsletter?

We have one. Sign up here.

Skip to content